PGA Junior League Golf (PGA JLG) is designed to better socialize the game of golf for your participants 16 and under. The program features a team-vs-team format in a structured league providing a popular, less stressful, scramble format. PGA JLG is a great way to get the entire family involved in golf, with parents as spectators, team-mothers, and even coaches.
There are numerous benefits associated with the program:
- Playing on a team is low-pressure and less stressful. The primary goal is to enjoy the game for life!
- There is no individual scoring and all the players get to play in every competition!
- “Flags” are awarded and collected throughout the season to display proudly on their bag-tags.
- Coaches have the ability to alternate players to maximize the team’s success.
- Numbered jerseys for each of the players helps build a sense of identity for each participant.
- Opportunity for advancement through Regional Competitions.
What PGA JLG Players Receive:
- 2 Team Jerseys
- PGA Junior Leage Hat
- PGA JLG Bag Tags
- 5 regular-season league competitions
- Instruction from a PGA Professional
- 6 Team practices
- Practice Card with 3 bags of balls and a 9 hole round of golf
The fee for PGA Junior League is $275
Golf Member rate $199
Jr Membership $175
Only $75 is due at registration to secure a spot and the remaining balance will be due the first day of practice.
Member Registration opens March 26! Non-Member Registration is April 7th. Deadline is April 30th or when the team roster fills up. We will have 3 teams this year. 12 players on each team, so there will be a total of 36 spots open. Registration is on a first come first serve basis, so sign up as soon as possible.
Practices start in May.
Matches start late May and run through July.
Practices and matches are normally scheduled on weekday evenings or weekend afternoons/evenings.
Practice and Match schedule will come out in April.
Please contact Bill Murchison if you have any questions.
[email protected] / 404-502-3150
Similar to other youth recreational sports, PGA JLG encourages and relies on parental involvement. In addition to making sure participants get to matches and practices, parents can play an important role in the success of their team:
- Team captain/assistant
- Match monitor/scorer
- Player recruitment